This Slow-Carb Green Smoothie is high in protein, loaded with veggies, savory flavors, and is incredibly delicious to boot!
The idea behind the diet is pretty simple: eliminate all sugar, even from fruit, and focus on eating protein-rich foods and healthy “slow-carbs,” including tons of veggies, to help you lose weight.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 cups spinach fresh
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned chickpeas drained
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 scoop plant-based protein powder unsweetened*
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- Place spinach, cilantro, and vegetable broth in blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, blend again. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.